Applications Programmer 4 (0652U) #52853 – Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world’s leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
At UC Berkeley, we believe that learning is a fundamental part of working, and our goal is for everyone on the Berkeley campus to feel supported and equipped to realize their full potential. We actively support this by providing all of our staff employees with at least 80 hours (10 days) of paid time per year to engage in professional development activities. To find out more about how you can grow your career at UC Berkeley, visit grow.berkeley.edu.
This position is part of a small, dedicated team primarily using PHP with Symfony. We maintain a portfolio of departmental and administrative applications covering a wide range of business areas. Each full stack developer who works directly with staff and faculty to support the College of Engineering and beyond.
This position is eligible for remote work
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: 5/15/23 – Open Until Filled
* Design and develop new custom web applications.
* Maintain and enhance existing web applications.
* Manage ongoing operation of web applications.
* Perform highly complex data analysis, testing, and debugging.
* Apply and enforce campus standards on security practices.
* Apply and enforce campus standards on web accessibility.
* Apply and enforce development and application standards.
* Prepare and maintain programmer and user documentation.
* Initiate and oversee changes in development, maintenance, and system standards.
* Research and evaluate emerging software components.
* Build reusable libraries for common implementations.
* Prepare and approve system and programming documentation.
* Collaborate with project managers, team members, and stakeholders.
* Collaborate with technical partners throughout campus and in external organizations.
* Create project plans and technical requirements for complex applications.
* Participates in workshops, trainings, and other professional development
* Other duties as assigned.
* Extensive experience designing and building web applications using object-oriented languages and frameworks.
* Experience with version control.
* Experience with SQL and relational databases.
* Experience applying data modeling best practices.
* Experience writing software unit and integration tests.
* Understanding of best practices in responsive web accessibility, development, and standards.
* Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
* Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
* Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills.
* Bachelor’s degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
Salary & Benefits
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University, please visit the University of California’s Compensation & Benefits website.
Under California law, the University of California, Berkeley is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role and should not offer a salary outside of the range posted in this job announcement. This range takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to experience, skills, knowledge, abilities, education, licensure and certifications, analysis of internal equity, and other business and organizational needs. It is not typical for an individual to be offered a salary at or near the top of the range for a position. Salary offers are determined based on final candidate qualifications and experience.
The budgeted salary or hourly range that the University reasonably expects to pay for this position is 91,400 – 131,100.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant, please see the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission poster.
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy, please see the University of California Discrimination, Harassment, and Affirmative Action in the Workplace policy.
Associated topics: .net, algorithm, c++, develop, devops, java, matlab, perl, sde, software programmer
- Job ID: ba5122c0-27673072910
Berkeley, California, United States
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!