General Profile & Requirements:
- Safety Engineering role supporting Applied Materials’ RD&E and facilities infrastructure projects based in Santa Clara, CA.
- Position will report to the Manager of EHS responsible for managing EHS in in Santa Clara. Position will work closely with site management in RD&E and Facilities and other EHS staff to drive Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) programs, ensure regulatory compliance and promote continuous improvement.
- Ensure EHS programs and management systems in place in alignment with Corporate EHS requirements to minimize the risks to employees, the environment and the community. Some of the Key EHS programs for the site include:
Chemical Authorization Program Job Hazard Analysis/Risk Assessment Program Management of Change (MoC) and Process Emission and Abatement Assessment Program EHS Facilities Project Review and Sign-off Program Lock Out/ Tagout (LOTO) Respiratory Protection Program Radiation Safety Program Fire Prevention and Protection Program
- Ensures compliance with required EHS codes, standards and regulations. Act as a liaison with local, regional or national regulatory authorities.
- Capability to conduct sampling (water, soil, chemical as needed) and analyze the results to provide guidance to management to ensure safety and EHS compliance.
- EHS Training capabilities & experience conducting training for employees and management.
- Ensures proper investigations of EHS incidents conducted and drive corrective actions to closure
- Review and report EHS progress and performance for assigned site/function based on established EHS metrics to site management.
- Develop EHS strategies to develop action plans for continually improving performance and customer satisfaction.
- Ensures that specific projects assigned are completed as planned to meet EHS goals. Provides management with updates and escalation on projects/programs. Maintain communication channel with site/location functions.
- Track and trend EHS related legislation and take appropriate action to comply with requirements. Communicates EHS issues to all necessary management and employees.
- Remains knowledgeable of progress made in EHS best practices and incorporate these within Applied.
- Interfaces with internal stakeholders regarding EHS issues with ability to work with cross functional teams to accomplish goals and objectives
- Provide technical guidance on EHS issues to the site engineering, manufacturing and support organizations and contribute to the development of site-wide EHS standards and procedures.
- Manage consultants/contractors used to support the EHS programs including development of scopes of work, project management and budget management. Ensures that all work is assigned appropriately and that results are obtained and evaluated.
- Readiness for occasional travelling from time to time.
Education and Experience
- University degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, Health and Safety or equivalent
- Cerifitied Safety Professional (CSP) preferred
- At least 3 years professional experience in a comparable role
- Experience with general EHS auditing to identify opportunities for improvement and provide suitable recommendations for corrective actions
- Experience with EHS management systems (ISO 14001, OHSAS18001/ISO 45001)
- Work experience in Industrial Hygiene highly desired
- Semiconductor chemistry and safety highly desired
- Computer use and applications skills required, including MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat.
Years of Experience:
4 – 7 Years
Yes, 20% of the Time
U.S. Salary Range:
$104,000.00 – $143,000.00
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on a number of factors including location and level and will vary depending on confirmed job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as applicable.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
- Job ID: 69354958
- Workplace Type: On-Site
Santa Clara, California, United States
- Position Title: Safety Engineer
- Company Name For Job: Applied Materials
- Job Function: Other