Application Deadline is February 11, 2020
Application for 2020 Education Awards at
Awards Eligibility and Criteria
The Silicon Valley Engineering Council Engineering Education awards recognize young engineering and technology students for their dedication, focus, and commitment to engineering. Engineering and Technology students graduating from high school (i.e. high school senior class) or presently enrolled in undergraduate community college or university programs are eligible to apply. Fulltime and part-time students are eligible. The one time award is $1000. Students may receive an SVEC Education award only once. Graduate students are not eligible. Undergraduate and High School students are judged separately.
While not all of these must be met by a successful applicant, it would be of advantage to the applicant if he/she can qualify most of the following criterion:
- The applicant should be studying in one of the following 12 bay area counties: Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Monterey, Napa, San Benito, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Solano, and Sonoma.
- The applicant’s program of study is directly focused on engineering or technology.
- The applicant has shown involvement in professional and/or student activities (i.e. engineering societies).
- The applicant has shown involvement in community and/or social services activities.
- The applicant has two letters of recommendations from faculty members (e-delivery details are listed in the reference section of the application).
- The student exhibits strong academic performance as shown by GPA in the major and overall, as well as strong recommendations from faculty advisors.
- A brief essay describing the student’s academic and professional goals is submitted for evaluation. The essay may list student’s financial need as well as any special circumstances specific to the student.