Application for 2023 SVEC Education Awards
Application Deadline is February 10th 2023
Application for 2023 Education Awards at
Awards Eligibility and Criteria
The Silicon Valley Engineering Council Engineering Education awards recognize young engineering and technology students for their dedication, focus, and commitment to engineering. The one time award is $500. Students may receive an SVEC Education award only once. Graduate students are not eligible. High School Students (No Undergraduate Students)
While not all of these must be met by a successful applicant, it would be of advantage to the applicant if he/she can qualify most of the following criterion:
- The applicant should be studying in one of the following 12 bay area counties: Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Monterey, Napa, San Benito, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Solano, and Sonoma.
- The applicant’s program of study is directly focused on engineering or technology.
- The applicant has shown involvement in professional and/or student activities (i.e. engineering societies).
- The applicant has shown involvement in community and/or social services activities.
- The applicant has two letters of recommendations from faculty members (e-delivery details are listed in the reference section of the application).
- The student exhibits strong academic performance as shown by GPA in the major and overall, as well as strong recommendations from faculty advisors.
- A brief essay describing the student’s academic and professional goals is submitted for evaluation. The essay may list student’s financial need as well as any special circumstances specific to the student.
Awardees will be notified through e-mail by February 14, 2023 and will be awarded at the SVEC Engineers Week Banquet on February 24, 2023 at the Computer Science Museum. It is expected but not required that awardees attend the banquet. They will be guests of SVEC.
More details on criteria are at weblink for this application
If you have more questions, please contact SVEC Scholarship/Education Committee at email scholarship @ svec.org Please put “SVEC Education Awards” in the email title.
Please do not input or upload documents showing your Social Security number.