Elective Teacher (Art, Music, P.E., Theater/Drama, Computer Science) – Elementary – Redwood City (23-24) ($8,000 Signing Bonus)
- Teach with Purpose: Our teachers play a key role in bringing to life the academic and cultural visions of our schools. This includes daily lesson planning, intentional curriculum design, and regular data analysis to help all students learn and grow. Our teachers also implement Social Emotional Learning lessons and Restorative Practices to create a joyful, inclusive classroom community.
- Support and Collaboration: Our teachers work closely with the school’s Leadership Team, including their Instructional Coach, to ensure students are learning and growing. This includes weekly meetings, and ongoing feedback so we can continue to grow in our instructional practices.
- Commitment to Anti-Racism: We are committed to creating an anti-racist school community. We engage in ongoing development to reflect on their own identities and experiences and how that shapes us as people, educators, and leaders. As a community, we regularly analyze our school systems, academics, culture, data etc. to reflect on our progress towards being an anti-racist organization and to make changes to address the needs of our community.
- Experience as an educator teaching students with similar demographics to our KIPP Public Schools Northern California student community
- Hold a B.A/B.S degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Meet one of the following eligibility requirements:
- Hold a valid teaching credential in the teaching role, or
- Eligibility for a Provisional Internship Permit, or
- Eligibility for a Short Term Staff Permit
- Commitment to KIPP mission and vision
- Commitment to being an anti-racist educator
- Believe all students can achieve at the highest academic levels
- Possess strong content area knowledge
- Strong skills building relationships with students, families, and communities
- Communicate well with students, families, and colleagues
- Have proficient knowledge of Google Suite applications (Google Classroom, Hangout, Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.)
- Have the ability to learn and utilize instructional technology to support in-class and distance learning when needed (i.e. Zoom, Nearpod)
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Daily lesson planning and long term planning using curriculum and resources to align with KIPP’s academic vision and goals.
- Analyze data regularly to identify student academic trends and inform instructional practices.
- Maintain a positive, warm, inclusive, rigorous, and engaging classroom environment that incorporates Restorative Practices and Social Emotional Learning.
- Implement culturally responsive classroom management strategies to create a safe environment for all students to learn & achieve.
- Communicate regularly with staff, students, families, and other key stakeholders to ensure strong partnerships.
- Attend and engage in weekly Professional Development and other Communities of Practice to continue learning and growing as an educator.
- Update student records regularly, including attendance, grades, behavior data, etc.
Physical, Mental and Environmental Demands
Physical: Ability to navigate school and classroom settings. Ability to access and utilize technology. Occasional lifting/carrying of equipment 1-20 lbs. Physical agility to move self in various positions in order to execute duties effectively, which may include kneeling, walking, pushing/pulling, squatting, twisting, turning, bending, stooping and reaching overhead.
Mental: Stress of deadlines and normal work standards, ability to analyze problems and generate alternatives, work with interruptions, concentrate for long periods of time, read, calculate, perform routine math problems, memorize and recall objects and people.
Environmental: School and classroom environment subject to constant interruptions and distractions. In an emergency context (e.g., pandemic), work may be conducted virtually fully or partially for extended periods of time or longer, and the expectation is that the individual will establish a productive, remote work environment (e.g., ability to stay connected through different technology means). Adhere to KIPP’s health and safety guidelines as outlined by the CDC, CDE, and public health agencies’ recommendations.
This is a full-time, exempt position on a school year calendar cycle, located at our school sites.
About KIPP Public Schools Northern California
We are a thriving nonprofit network of 18 free, public charter schools open to all students. Together with families and communities, we create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose-college, career, and beyond-so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
We value the dedication, hard work, and passion that our teachers bring each day. KIPP Northern California supports you with professional development, coaching, and collaboration. We offer competitive pay and benefits that reflect the appreciation we have for our teachers and their dedication to students
Our student community consists of over 7,000 elementary, middle, and high school students in East Palo Alto, Oakland, San Francisco, San Lorenzo, San Jose, and Redwood City, and Stockton. 79% qualify for free or reduced price lunch, 23% are multilingual learners, and 10% have special needs. We strive to cultivate a representative team of teachers and leaders that reflect our students’ diversity
KIPP Northern California is dedicated to you and your family’s well-being! We offer a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and transportation benefits.
We benchmark annually against school districts and charter schools in the regions where we operate, to offer competitive salaries. Our salary step scale for this position type is reflected here:
KIPP Bay Area Scale
KIPP Stockton Scale
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume by clicking apply on this page.
Questions? Email [email protected]
Associated topics: archaeology, b.d., communication, english, french, historical, learning technology, m.div, master of theology, music
- Job ID: ba5122c0-27672948384
Redwood City, California, United States
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!