Facilities Mechanical Engineer
- Oversee mechanical systems for a multitude of Semiconductor Lab facilities involvingScrubbed Exhaust, RO/DI, PCW,WWT, BMS control systems, andHVAC systems. Evaluate existing and new technologies to reduce operating costs and improve reliability.
- Knowledgeable of construction processes, start-up, testing, commissioning and acceptance of systems and buildings operations.
- Interact and Manage 3rd party IFM provider to ensure proper opeartions and maintenance of mechanical, fire life safety, exhaust, and applicable controls systems
- Specify the development of design or modify engineering assemblies, layout/schematics and/or detailed drawings/specifications of complex scope
- Review and approve facility systems, fit-up and tool hook-up designs
- Candidate has a proven track record in managing a safe culture with leading indicators and methods that promote a safe working environment including incident investigation and corrective actions.
- Participate in the planning of facilities changes, working toward economy of operation, maximum use of facilities and equipment, and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Coordinate with the design and construction team, Facilities Operations, and EH&S in developing, reviewing, and approving design criteria, layouts and detail drawings.
- Identify and implement opportunities to achieve lowest cost of ownership while maintaining reliability
- Apply engineering skills and tools to problem solve and deliver solutions
- Resolve issues related to design criteria and performance specifications required to meet unique operating requirements in building and safety codes.
- Identify general areas for process and program improvement and implementation of enhancements through assignment and management of appropriate personnel
- Manage the development of departmental budgets in accordance with corporate business plans.
- Direct the development of budgetary strategies to effectively accommodate significant changes to business conditions, opportunities, and requirements.
- Demonstrates in-depth and/or breadth of expertise in own discipline and broad knowledge of other disciplines within the function (i.e. mechanical, electrical, controls, etc.)
- Identify and conceptually scope safety, compliance, capacity, redundancy, and cost savings projects
- Obtain funding and manage facilities projects per scope, schedule & budget
- Knowledge of local Fire, Building, and Environmental codes
- Experience with MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, AutoCAD, SCADA (e.g. GE Cimplicity), and CMMS (e.g.IBM Maximo)
- 5+ years working experience as a mechanical engineer in semiconductor or similar industry
- Experience with contract management and negotiation
- Analyze budgets, assist in fiscal budget planning, and manage services to budgets
- Anticipates business and regulatory issues
- Recommends product, process or service improvements
- Leads projects and teams with notable risk and complexity to achieve milestones and objectives
- Excellent at multi-tasking, able to respond promptly to issues, and effectively and quickly restore facilities systems
- Develops strategy for project execution
- Perform problem solving, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis
- Solves complex problems with broad impact on the business; requires conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions
- Impacts the direction and resource allocation for IFM management
- Contributes to the development of functional strategy
- Coordinate with multiple groups (planning, construction, safety, maintenance service provider, building owners, management, etc.) to minimize facility or system downtime and business interruptions
- Communicates complex ideas, anticipates potential objections and persuades others, often at senior levels, to adopt a different point of view
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- Industrial, Manufacturing and Research and Development experience preferred in facilities engineering.
- 7-10 years minimum mechanical engineering design experience
- Licensed California Mechanical Engineer or Professional Engineer preferred
- LEED accreditation a plus
- Experience with Revit/BIM a plus
- Strong skills with ACAD, MS Word, Excel, Access and Project
- Knowledge of current California Building, Mechanical and Plumbing codes and Title 24 requirements is essential
- Must have mechanical engineering design experience for industrial facilities, labs, clean rooms and data centers involving HVAC, chillers, boilers, plumbing, process piping and utility distribution for campus wide facilities.
- Must be able to work independently and provide all mechanical engineering and design for the project.
- Strong communications skills required to coordinate work between in-house design team members
- Strong presentation and teaming skills to coordinate with client management and end-user representative
Years of Experience:
7 – 10 Years
Yes, 10% of the Time
U.S. Salary Range:
$140,000.00 – $192,500.00
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on a number of factors including location and level and will vary depending on confirmed job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as applicable.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
- Job ID: 69336670
- Workplace Type: On-Site
Santa Clara, California, United States
- Company Name For Job: Applied Materials
- Position Title: Facilities Mechanical Engineer
- Job Function: Other
- Job Type: Full-Time
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!